Thursday, November 3, 2011

2 Pounds! 2 Pounds of Orange!



What do you do with 2 pounds of freaking carrots? You make Carrot Curry soup of course. Now I have to tell you how I came to the conclusion of making this soup. It comes from shopping without looking to see what you have first....imagine that! LOL I am sure those out there in blogland have certainly done this before, right? I got home and had not one bag but now I had two....geez! Time to get to looking on the web for a recipe and I love soup so I new it was going to be something of that nature. Curry Carrots it is! It turned out great with some of my own tweaking. Here if the recipe if you'd love to try it.




Basic Carrot Soup

2pds Carrots, peeled and chopped
6cups chicken Broth
3 Cloves Garlic
2 Tbsp Celery Seeds
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 small onion, chopped

Optional:
1 1/2 Tbsp Curry powder
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/8 tsp Pepper

Saute onions, carrots and garlic in skillet until tender. In a separate deep pot, add chicken broth. Next add your sauteed carrots, add celery seeds and salt. Stir and bring to a rolling boil, then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes. Next pour mixture in a blender and puree, then put back into your pot and simmer another 30-45 minutes until done. Serve with a sprig of parsley and enjoy!


Project of the day is: Embroidery. More handwork coming down the pipe.




Have a wonderful night and keep those creative juices flowing daily! T

No comments: