Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A $3 Dollar Bag

What does a $3 dollar bag have to do with this post you ask? Well, since you ask...this $3 dollar bag contains fabric, fabric, and more fabric. Near where I live is a discounted fabric mart and a HUG grocery bag is your ticket to JOY, pure JOY! You can fill this bag utterly to the point of overflow and only pay $3 dollars for that bag. Now, there a catch....there are tables full of remnants anywhere from half yard pieces to maybe four yards. Some may have a stain or two, and there are all types of fabrics mixed on these tables. Cottons, curtain fabric, and decor fabrics. My goal was to target white cotton for making my bed skirt. I found four and half and five yard pieces along with smaller pieces, some were lightly stained...but guess what, that was nothing a little bleach and hot water couldn't take care of.

I took my bag home, threw the fabric in the washer to bathe in a bath of hot bleach water for about 30min and it came out gorgeous!

So these are the results of my efforts. I simple, uncomplicated custom bed skirt for less then $3 if you calculate all the fabric in the bag. I only used maybe a third of the fabric with plenty more for other projects.



The bed prior to bed skirt.



The design process...keeping it simple.



A organized pile of loveliness...I promise!



Ta da!! I love flowing ruffles which is how I made these and I finished both sides of the bed. The way these are made you don't even need to remove a mattress to add these to your bed. It's majic.

Have a great and creative day! T

3 comments:

Karmen said...

Oh yes! Awesome work. I love big fluffy ruffles too! (I've got to go to that store.) Karmen

waggonswest said...

What a fun project. I sure wish I had a store like that nearby. I love the ruffles.

Kaila London said...

Thank you, it was a fun project.