Friday, March 4, 2011

What I've been up too....




well, dyeing of course! I have been having fun dyeing ribbon. I had fun dyeing these few here and have more in the bucket. I love dyeing stuff it is so wonderfully messy with unpredictable results, that's the beauty of it.

There are some beautiful hand-dyed fabrics out there but what makes them all so unique is that fact that they all have different results and you will never find any dyer with the same fabrics. Everyone has their own style and signature if you will. I love a mottle uneven look to my fabrics which gives the fabric character once it is cut up and I just love that look.

On another note, here are some runners I made with pennies on them ready to receive the ladder stitch.





Enjoy...now off to creating with you! T

No comments: