Sunday, March 13, 2011

Don't you just love spring time?


(Provence Lavender, Sweet Basil, Common Sage, Potpourri Lavender)


(Purple Sage, French Lavender, Chives, Spearmint, Pineapple Sage)

After this crazy winter, I could use some spring time lovin' and I did just that, I went outside today and enjoyed the sunshine, dug some small flowers beds, transplanted some plants, and was in the process of making my above the ground herb bed until it came to a dead halt! I can't find my darn drill. For those who know what a pain it is to try manually screwing a nail into wood, well it just doesn't work well. You end up stripping the nail head and now what? LOL So until I find that, this project is at a stand still momentarily. While we wait til the drill finds me(LOL), I will have to keep watering them. Terrible, terrible me~


(This is what I ended up with and how far I got!)

I had the opportunity to visit the Sewing and Quilt Expo yesterday, I didn't take any classes but it just seems like over the years the vendor base is getting slimmer. There were several areas that had quilts displayed on the floor that were invitational only. No contests that I am aware, correct me if I am wrong. I ran into a guild member and sat in on a Sulky demonstration of the latest and greatest threads and trends from the company. It was very interesting. They are based here in Atlanta, Kennesaw to be more specific, but they only wholesale, no open retail to the public at this warehouse. Did you know they also have a 3-day certified teacher program to learn about their threads, stabilizers, other products, you have lunch, take a tour of the warehouse and take home nine projects? If this is something you are interested you may want to contact them.


(Wool floss, varigated Valdani threads, the coolest batiks, sulky transfer pens)

So back to the Expo...I picked up a few things not too much. Since these are returning vendors they seem to remember faces and welcome you with open arms! For the most part, if anything else I enjoyed seeing the vendors and running into friends along the way. I was pooped at the end of the day but had fun.

No comments: