Wednesday, August 3, 2011

July, just gone, August here already.....











Ok, can't believe July flew right by me and August is here already and school buses will be picking up children soon. Can you say "what a summer!" I've had some adventures pretty much all the month of July, family came into town, and the month of July is history. I took a few pictures of my adventures. For those who never been to a garden where you can pick your own veggies you are missing a treat. I had the opportunity to visit a MASSIVE garden and we are talking about acres and acres, and more acres. Potatoes, squash, beans, okra, tomatoes, sunflowers, cumbers, peppers in every kind you can imagine, melons, zucchini, eggplants, and onions....lord the onions, were HUGE! What an experience with so many opportunities, if that garden was only here in Georgia. But I tell you one thing, I will be making a trip back there next year. I bought so many veggies back in my car I couldn't see my back seat. I loaded half of them off at Mom's house on the way home. I brought back about 20 pds of shrimp courtesy of the coast, at yep, $2.00 a pound, straight off the boat fresher then fresh. I almost feel guilty bringing those home so cheap with the price they are here in Georgia. OMG I almost forgot to tell you about my Alpaca adventure. I got a chance to visit an Alpaca farm. What a wonderful experience that was as well. Such friendly creatures with my ultimate favorite fiber hanging off them. I met Alpacas, met their fiber and bought their fiber! LOL

Now go make something creative! Signing off T

No comments: