Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Reveal



Ok as I promised, if you recall in a previous post I talked about the design process so here is the quilt I designed for a Joann's contest. This is totally not my forte but I thought it would be fun to make to take me out of my element for just a brief moment. I think I will be making this into a pattern and changing the colors to more my liking. The size you are viewing is a nice 48" by 48" square or can be made larger into a lap size. The quilt has some applique and embroidery handwork if you like those types of quilts. I love handwork! I added some thread play on the flowers because I love this type of work. Please look for the pattern soon.


A simple stem stitch with a ladder stitch around the tail feathers.



Thread play on the the flower petals and can be appliqued in your choice of methods.

Have a nice night and let me know what you think! T

No comments: