Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Isn't It Funny How People Come.........

I went to my guild meeting this past Monday and a nice man by the name of Ben Hollingsworth-bHollyArt, Art Quilter and fabric dyer amoung other things was there to present his work to our guild. What wonderful quilt examples and techniques he had to show.

Isn't it funny how people come into your life unexpectedly and without even knowing he helped me, he answered some simple questions I had regarding some techniques that I can now apply to my own work. This is what I enjoy, people who don't mind spreading the knowledge, this is what karma is all about. Even though he was modest, he was a wealth of information and who knows how many other women he sparked in my guild to get thier creative bug burning! Please believe you will be blessed Ben.



I would love to talk about my quilt banner. Some may wonder if I made the quilt behind it, the answer is yes, the top was completely painted with fabric paints, and then free motioned quilted. It was my first attempt to test the waters, I really loved the way it came out. Since I love primitives, I had to incorporate that theme some sort of way in a quilt. It looks much better in person.

Heres a sneak peak at another one I started.



....and my fish! It was actually embellished with beads, how fun!



Enjoy! Happy Quilting T

1 comment:

Ben said...

Kaila,
I am glad you posted a comment on my site. I meant to get your name when we talked but the quick pack up at the end of the presentation distracted me for doing that.
I am grateful for your comments and I enjoyed seeing your eagerness to learn more about my work process.
I am excited about your work. That bag you had was awesome. I am helping my wife decide on a pattern for a purse that she wants to make for a friend.
You have a very unique style and your techniques are excellent.
Keep in touch.
Ben